Pale skin, a feeling of weakness or fatigue, lack of concentration… These are the initial warning symptoms of anemia.
Anemia is a common health condition which is more prevalent among women, rather than men. It refers to a health condition wherein the oxygen-carrying capacity of your body’s red blood cells, is not enough to meet the body’s need for oxygen.
Anemia is not a health condition one should ignore. If left untreated it can lead to low metabolism, lack of energy or even more serious health problems such as kidney failure.
In most cases resorting to the right kind of diet can help beat anemia and restore your hemoglobin levels to their former glory. However, knowing what foods to consume and in what quantity is essential. Thus, a personalized diet is the right way to go, and F.U.N by Pooja Bhargava is the right place to go!
Health Tips to Improve Hemoglobin Levels Naturally
Pooja Bhargava is a Mumbai-based nutritionist who strongly believes that food has the power to nourish, heal and revitalize the human body. Based on your body composition, food preferences and medical history Pooja will formulate a personalized diet plan for you. All you need to do is follow her diet plan and watch as she helps get your health back on track!
Here are a few tips Pooja recommends for those suffering from anemia or low hemoglobin
- Load up on Folic acid & vitamin B12-rich foods such as green leafy vegetables, fenugreek, beans, and lentils
- Avoid overcooking vegetables or leaving them out at room temperature for a long period of time
- Add more protein to your diet in the form of tuna, eggs, liver, milk, cheese & yogurt
- Snack on sesame seeds, almonds, figs & black raisins during the day
- Cooking in iron utensils helps enhance the iron content of the food
- Consider switching from sugar to jaggery
- Load up on vitamin C rich foods such as strawberries, sweet lime, guava, broccoli & capsicum
- Try and avoid excessive consumption or use of dried herbs in your cooking
- Reduce your intake of coffee, tea & alcohol
Follow her on https://www.facebook.com/FUNbyPoojaBhargava/ for more tips on healthy eating and fitness!