While losing weight is never an easy task, by resorting to the right diet and lifestyle guidelines one can learn to lose weight naturally and maintain it! Here are a few do’s and don’ts of losing weight.
- Consume a wholesome breakfast within an hour after waking up
- Keep not more than a 2-3-hour gap between meals & eat before you get too hungry
- Avoid heavy meals before bed & control your portion intake
- Have a salad or soup before your main meals
- Make healthy food choices whenever you eat out
- Drink up to 3 liters of water daily
- Choose healthy cooking oils such as rice bran, groundnut, mustard or sesame seed oil
- Season your food dishes with olive oil, lemon juice or herbs instead of sugar-laden sauces
- Indulge in some form of exercise daily such as brisk walking, jogging, cycling etc.
- Keep a fixed time for going to bed & waking up
- Ensure you get as much as 7-8 hours of sleep daily
- Do not give up on any nutrient completely, be it carbs, protein, or fats
- Prepare a daily food plan & stick to it
- While fruits are a healthy snack option, avoid fruits like bananas, custard apples etc.
- Avoid junk food, as well as processed & packaged food items
- Do not punish yourself for that one overeating episode
- Avoid adding table salt in your food & switch to using rock salt, sea salt or pink salt instead
- Refrain yourself from consuming too much sugar as it only leads to weight gain & interferes with glucose levels
- Do not consume heavy meals after exercising